Lead Data Scientist
What is Relish?
Relish is the world’s first ever personal trainer for relationships.
HelloRelish, Inc. was founded in 2018 by an experienced entrepreneur, it’s financially backed bya top tier Silicon Valley venture firm, and its first product is an app called Relish. Relish uses micro-learning techniques to deliver a customized relationship plan to make all the relationships in your life more satisfying and more likely to last. The Relish customer gets empirically proven advice, backed by a panel of expert advisors that is timely, tailored, and - most importantly - action-orientated.
Walking the fine line between young/fun/engaging and highly authoritative, Relish aims to take the hard work out of relationships for people. We give time-pressed people little tweaks that make a big difference. This is an exciting and mission-driven new business, aiming to change the relationships space.
Already live in both app stores in the US, generating revenue, and seeing significant traction amongst an impassioned user base, Relish is creating an entirely new category of Relationship Management.
This is an amazing opportunity to apply your Data Science expertise to address one of the most fundamental problems out there: the improvement and maintenance of human relationships. New users are subscribing at an ever-increasing rate, highlighting a host of new problems to solve, and providing us with the data we need to solve them.
A key part of your role is to uncover data-led insights to improve the efficacy of our content and our targeting capabilities, and to feed that information back into our content recommendation algorithms. You will decide how to organise and analyse our data to achieve this; and help us to build a team, to grow this essential area of the business.
You will be a pivotal player in helping to shape the product. You will work with an experienced product development team who will embrace your suggestions, and act on your findings. Your passion for data is essential to make our product smarter and more impactful for our users.
How will you do this?
- You’ll be working with the whole team - product, design, engineering, content, coaching -
on features from ideation and experimentation, through to release
- Identify opportunities to improve our product and our content by analyzing customer dataand behavior
- Decide what data we should gather, how to model it and use the data to make recommendations on how to improve customer experience and find commercial opportunities
- Create experiments that enable us to focus our efforts where they will be most impactful to our customers and to the business
- Recruit and manage our Data Science team
Who Are You?
- You have at least 3 years experience in a data science based role before, ideally as the head of a team
- You’re driven to succeed and can roll with the fast pace of start up life
- You are relentlessly curious and deeply passionate about solving business problems through data
- Highly articulate with strong communication skills and ability to explain findings to a non-technical audience
- You are flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities; we’re a new startup and as we gain new insights into our user base, priorities will change
- You value collaboration and are comfortable to work as part of a cross-functional team
What Should You Expect From Relish?
- Competitive salary, benefits and employee option scheme
- Opportunity to work in an exciting new venture backed tech startup with a female founder who has previously built a household name consumer technology company
- Strong focus on building a company culture to set us up for scalable success
- Based in Edinburgh, with the opportunity to travel to NY (we have an office there)
- The equipment and software to help you execute your day-to-day
- Full holiday allowance (24 days + bank holidays)
If Relish sounds like a place where you can achieve your best work so far, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A cover letter