We care deeply about your relationship and your privacy. We believe transparency is important across our company and this extends to our privacy practices, including how we manage your personal information.
The key thing to take away from all this is that we do not pass your data onto third parties for their own marketing purposes. The primary reason we collect data is to provide you with a product you love and to continually improve it.
As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be treated.
If you are located outside of the United States, the information you provide to us is being transmitted to us and processed in the United States and will be protected subject to this Policy and United States laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
What information is collected by us?
Personal Information You Provide
“Personal Information” or personal data is information that can be used to identify you or contact you as an individual, as well as information attributed with such information. Personal Information that we may collect from you may include, for example:
- Identifiers and contact information such as your name; e-mail address; telephone number; wireless device address; text message address; screen name or username; and your partner’s name;
- User-generated content such as your messages, information about your relationship, photograph or photographs you may provide to the Services;
- Transactional and financial information such as payment card and other payment information; event dates and related information;
- Geolocation information;
- Demographic information such as gender or age; information about your family; and interests, hobbies and other demographic information.
We collect Personal Information via the Services in a variety of circumstances, such as when you conduct a transaction on our Services; create an account on our Services; edit your profile; sign up for newsletters; sign up for certain services; make online purchases; complete surveys or quizzes; contribute to a chat room, bulletin board, message board, listserv, blog, wiki or other social forum on the Services; or submit a comment or question to us by using a “contact us”, “ask the coach a question” or similar feature on the Services.
Information Collected Automatically
As is the case with many Web sites or mobile applications, our servers may automatically collect internet or other network or device activity such as:
- your IP address when you visit the Services, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider
- certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your usage of and navigation around the Services including, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Services, the pages you see or click and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Services and any search terms you have entered on the Services or a referral site. All of this information may be used for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to gather aggregated demographic or statistical information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Examples of the types of tracking technologies deployed on the Services include the following:
- “Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate much like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, click here.
- A “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
- “HTML5” (the language some Web sites, such as mobile Web sites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Services usage activities and to help determine how our Services is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved and to customize it for our users.
The above tracking technologies may be deployed by us or our service providers on our behalf.
By using our Services, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail directly above) in response to “do-not-track” (DNT) settings in your web browser. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. Similarly,
our third-party partners, such as ad networks, web analytics companies and social media and networking platforms may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser.Information about how to opt-out from your data being used by third parties can be found above under “Services Usage Information.”
Information Collected from Third Parties
Text Messages: If you send text messages to a Relationship Coach or us using the telephone number for that Coach available on the Services, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of fees, to enforce our Terms, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, we and our service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
How we may use your information
We (or one of our service providers, on our behalf) may use your information (including your Personal Information and Services usage information) for a variety of purposes, such as the following:
– processing and fulfilling your transactions
– administering and improving the Services, the Services’ features and services, and your account with us
– enabling users to use the Services and the Services’ features and services
– responding to your requests, questions and concerns
– enabling you to communicate with relationship coaches, including if you choose to do so via text message (as set forth in our Terms), and, with your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested.
– developing new features and offerings on the Services
– research, analytics and development of the Services and other products and services
– sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services and events, of ours, that we think might interest you. You may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in communication or in the Section “Your Choices” below.
– detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity and protecting our rights and property
– customizing the Services to your interests and history with us
– advertising our Services to you
– bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our services
– other purposes described at the time you choose to provide Personal Information to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Services usage information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Services, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
How your information may be shared
We may share your information, including personal information, with third parties or allow third parties to collect this information through the Services as follows:
- Relationship Coach: Your relationship coach may receive your profile information and any messages or other information you provide to such coach.
- Service Providers: We may share information with the third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, analytics, data hosting, customer service, and marketing.
- Safety, Security, and Compliance with Law: We may share your information if necessary to protect the rights, safety, security of Relish, its users or the Services, to enforce our Terms of Service, or for compliance with applicable law, including if
- we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for national security, law enforcement, or legal process purposes (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- we believe in our sole discretion that our Services are being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
- Sale or Merger: We may share your information in connection with a sale, merger or other business transfer (including in contemplation of such transactions). If such transfer is subject to restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
- Consent: we may share your information with other third parties if we have your consent to do so.
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Personal Information
You may be able to review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in a user account set up with us on the Services (if you have one with us on the Services) by logging in to the “My Account” or similar area of the Services or by contacting us using the “Contact Us” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information.
Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
The local laws where you live (e.g., laws of the E.U. and California) may permit you to make certain requests. See the section applicable to the place of your residency below.
Information for California Residents
If you are a resident of California, you may request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- delete certain information we have about you;
- provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, you may contact us by email at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
California residents may designate an agent to exercise your rights under applicable law. We will take steps to verify the identity of the agent, and that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf. Such steps may include requiring that the agent submit a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
Please note your rights and choices vary depending upon your location. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
Shine the Light Disclosure: Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits those who access the Services who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. We do not share such information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Information for Nevada Residents
We do not sell your covered information, as defined by Section 1.6 of Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for United Kingdom & European Users and Other Users Outside the United States
Individuals in the United Kingdom, European Union and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in certain circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data or exercise legal rights to withdraw consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, such as if we need to keep processing your information to perform our contractual obligations or for our legitimate interests.
In addition to the rights above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
Legal bases for use of your information
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you); or
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; operate our business and our Services; ensure safe environments for our staff and visitors; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services).
- Where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable legal requirements, to use your information for a particular purpose.
- Where we use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations (for example, keeping track of purchases for tax and auditing purposes).
We use various efforts intended to safeguard the security and integrity of Personal Information collected on this Services. Payment card information is processed by third-party payment processors pursuant to their applicable privacy policies. Despite these measures, however, we cannot and do not guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from interception or intrusion during transmission or while stored on our system, or otherwise.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Services, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. We have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. If you create an account on our Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can change that e-mail address anytime by emailing email@example.com. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your name, mailing address, and email address). You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your Personal Information.
Links to other Websites
Children under the Age of 13
The Services is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or store any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Services, make purchases through the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we make certain material changes), we may inform you by additional means, such as by sending you an e-mail. In some cases, we may obtain your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you should first contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: February 7th 2020________