25 Self Esteem Quotes Guaranteed to Give Your Confidence a Boost
Whether it’s a first date, job interview, or meeting your partner’s family, we could all use a confidence boost sometimes! It’s easy to get caught up in mistakes that you forget what an incredible human you are. It’s only natural to get down on yourself sometimes, but too much negative self-talk can give you a false perception of who you truly are.
If you’re lacking in the self-esteem department, remember that it’s never too late to start loving yourself! Self-love and self-esteem go hand-in-hand, and if you need a little motivation to start being happy with who you are, here are 25 quotes from celebrities and other public figures to kickstart your confidence:
Don’t let low self-esteem cause problems in your relationship. Download the Relish relationship app for access to real relationship coaches, customized lessons, and all the advice you need to feel satisfied with yourself and your partner! Try your first week for free.
- “Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.” –Kate Winslet
- “When I say ‘embrace your weirdness’, it means embrace the things you don’t like about yourself. For a time, to me, that was almost everything. But I’ve learned to embrace all the things I find about myself, if they’re good and even if they’re bad. After all, I fall in love with someone because of their flaws. And I’ve learned to love myself because of my flaws, too.” –Cara Delevingne
- “I like me. I like my story and all the bumps and bruises. That’s what makes me uniquely me.” –Michelle Obama
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” –Lucille Ball
- "One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered." –Michael J. Fox
- “Why do I have to be like everyone else? Why can’t people just let other people feel good about themselves and do what they want? Wear whatever you want, people! As long as you feel good about yourself that’s what matters. Don’t ever let anyone stifle who you are and how you express yourself.” –Ariel Winter
- “If we stop defining each other by what we are not and start defining ourselves by what we are, we can all be freer.” –Emma Watson
- “If you’re not someone who has a natural and effortless love for yourself, it’s hard to let go of your desire to please other people, and that’s really not an ingredient for a happy life.” –Anne Hathaway
- “You may not be the best that ever did it, you may not be the prettiest or the tallest or the funniest or the most talented or whatever you tell yourself that you’re not—if you’re stubborn and if you don’t give up and you work really hard—no one else can ever be you.” –Pink
- “It helps to even look in the mirror—and it sounds so cheesy—but if you just look in the mirror and say, ‘You are beautiful,’ and ‘You are worthy,’ those things really help you.” –Demi Lovato
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” –Beyoncé
- “Everyone is not going to embrace your value but that does not mean you need to go and change your price.” –Stephan Labossiere
- “I’ve come to a realization that I need to be able to forgive myself for making the wrong choice, trusting the wrong person, or figuratively falling on my face in front of everyone. Step into the daylight and let it go.” –Taylor Swift
Learning to forgive is an important part of any romantic relationship. Download Relish for expert advice on forgiveness, communication, trust, and more. Your first week is free!
- “I take self-love very seriously. And I take it seriously because when I was younger, I wanted to change everything about myself. I didn’t love who I was. And the reason I didn’t love who I was is because I was told I wasn’t lovable by the media, by [people at] school, by not seeing myself in beauty ads, by not seeing myself in television…by lack of representation. My self-hatred got so bad that I was fantasizing about being other people. But you can’t live your life trying to be somebody else. What’s the point?” –Lizzo
- “I think once we let our ego go, [we] just get over the fact that everybody’s not going to like us—and that’s OK! Because there will be people who do dig it. And even if they don’t, do you? You get one life. Who cares what everyone else thinks?” –Kelly Clarkson
- “If I have a negative thought that is about myself or I feel embarrassed about something or I feel ashamed about something, instantly, whatever it is, I will say, ‘I love you.’” –Bryce Dallas Howard
- “Being perfect is being flawed, accepting it and never letting it make you feel less than your best.” –Jessica Alba
No one is perfect! Learn to embrace your partner’s flaws (as well as your own) with Relish! Expert coaches are available to talk whenever you need them. Download the app for your 7-day free trial.
- “When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.” –Solange
- "You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” –Diane von Furstenberg
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” –Oscar Wilde
- “It is interesting how often we can’t see all the ways in which we are being strong.” –Lena Dunham
- “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” –Sally Field
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I have insecurities of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.” –Adele
- "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." –Buddha
With Relish, you can text with a qualified relationship coach for one-to-one advice, take therapist-approved quizzes, and receive customized lesson plans for you and your partner. Try our award-winning relationship coaching app free for one week!